Why Is Social Media Presence Important?
There are many advantages to cultivating your brand on social media. In short, a strong social media presence can drive growth for your business by fostering lasting and loyal relationships with customers and prospects. Social media presence is a must have these days. On average, we spend almost two hours on different social media channels. Social presence and engagement is a unique opportunity to:
- Build brand awareness
- Boost your web traffic
- Acquire new customers
- Increase conversions from social media channels
- Reach different audiences
- Establish your company as an industry leader
Without a strong social media presence, you will lose many opportunities to attract and convert new clients and delight the old ones. It’s all about implementing small tactics and strategies that will help establish your business on various channels.
Choose The Right Networks
There are thousands of networks out there dedicated to anything from connecting old classmates to social activism. With all of these options out there, how does a business determine the right ones to use? Our advice is to join four of the most popular, and choosing the right ones comes down to your audience and your goals.
- Facebook: The largest platform in social media. It has 2 billion-plus active monthly users, and the site is ideal for businesses that want to generate leads and build relationships.
- LinkedIn: This platform for business networking can be used by both B2B and B2C businesses to create trust, build authority, and engage audiences
- Twitter: This platform is perfect for businesses whose major audience is under 50 and who need to stay apprised of time-sensitive information like breaking news, announcements, and trending topics.
- Pinterest: This is the photo sharing site. It is a fantastic platform for businesses with visual appeal (think restaurants, fashion, art, travel, and weddings), and it’s great for driving sales because so many users look to the site to plan purchases.
- Snapchat: This is one of the fastest growing social networking sites. Businesses can leverage it by offering promotions, providing personalized content, giving exclusive access, and building relationships with influencers in order to drive brand recognition and loyalty.
Set A Goal
Being active on social media has a number of benefits for businesses. There are many things you can accomplish with your social presence. But in order to achieve these with any measure of success, you must have a goal in mind that you can work toward. You will need to create a strategy to get there. Your techniques for driving sales, for instance, will be different than your approach if you wanted to improve your customer service offering, so it’s important to know what you want to accomplish.
Come Up With A Strategy
Once you know what you want to achieve, you have to come up with a plan to help you get there. You should also decide on your posting frequency and create a content calendar that will help you plan posts. Make sure you don’t miss days. The content calendar is a big part of your strategy because it should lay out:
- Who your audience is
- What topics and subjects your audience is interested in
- The usable content you already have
- What kind of content you still need to create or curate
- When and on what platforms content will be published
Knowing your audience is critical when it comes to finding success with social media engagement because the interests and needs of your audience will determine the type of content you should be sharing and the way you engage your followers.
Actively Engage Your Audience in Relevant Ways
Social media is also about connection and engagement. That’s the only way you can foster the relationships you want to build and gain the trust of your audience. Some of the important things you should know about your audience include age, location, gender, goals, likes, needs, behaviors, challenges, and pain points. No matter who your audience is, the content you share should always be high quality and relevant. Prioritize video, images, and other types of visual content as often as possible because these are popular among all demographics and all audiences. There are many ways you can engage with your audiences, and they include:
- Commenting on posts
- Starting and participating in conversations
- Sharing relevant information
- Sharing user-generated content
- Posing and answering questions
- Addressing complaints and criticisms
- Showing appreciation for customers
Minimize the Time You Spend Promoting
Even though the practice of social selling is becoming increasingly popular among salespeople and marketers, the actual process of using social networks to drive growth is much different from what most people are used to. Rather than using social as an active promotional platform, it’s best to use it as a tool for engagement and communication.
It is recommended that businesses keep their promotional content to 20%. The main purpose of content should be dedicated to meeting the needs of your audience.
Maintain a Constant Presence
Social media isn’t a one and done deal, and it takes time and patience to cultivate a reliable presence. With the right automation tools, you can minimize the time you’ll have to dedicate to social media. However, it will require at least 15 minutes a day to monitor your channels and respond to questions and conversations. In terms of posting frequency, the right number really depends on the platform you’re using.
For LinkedIn and Facebook don’t post more than once a day. It is better to limit posts to five times a week. Twitter, on the other hand, changes so quickly that the more you post, the better. With Pinterest, 11 pins a day seems to be the magic number.
Watch the Right Metrics to Monitor Your Progress
Social media use is growing all the time. Every month there are more active users than the one before, especially on the top sites like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Snapchat. It’s not necessary to have a presence on every social network out there. It’s a much better strategy to define your goals and locate your audience. Afterwards, pick the sites that are right for you based on these factors.
Social media relationship building has a number of benefits to your business. It’s important to put in the time cultivating your presence if you want to take advantage of them all. There are many resources you can rely on for metrics, including Google Analytics, Facebook Analytics and page insights.
If you need help strengthening your social media presence our team at ARA Digital Marketing will do just that. Contact us to discuss a customized plan just for your business.
When you’re doing social media marketing, you have the opportunity to position your brand as a strong authority. With a strong social media presence, you have the chance to impress your target audience and win customers for life. But that won’t happen if you pitch one product after another. Offering real solutions to real problem makes you appear more helpful, and your products more genuine.